A unique, comprehensive, process-oriented group that offers a safe, collegial environment. Group Plus! is ideally suited for therapists interested in expanding their repertoire of child and play therapy skills and further developing their own practice models. Participants will receive case consultation/supervision based on the entire spectrum of child intervention models (directive-to-nondirective). Video-conferencing offers an alternative to those working in various locations throughout Canada and the US.
The sole purpose of Group Plus is to provide consultation and supervision on the utilization of play therapy skills and the application of play therapy techniques and approaches. It is not meant to replace direct, day-to-day or session-by-session clinical supervision.
• A computer, webcam, speakers &headphones (to minimize any potential problems with feedback during a group Skype meeting)
• Access to SKYPE on the internet
• Adobe Acrobat (most recent version which provides free access through Acrobat Connect)
This is a closed-group process that occurs on Thursday afternoons, 3-5 pm Mountain Standard Time. The co-hort you join will meet for 5 sessions, approximately once every 4-6 weeks.
+ Accredited Play Therapy Supervisors
+ A small co-hort environment (6 maximum); closed group
+ Self-development activities
+ A unique case conceptualization format using the Play Therapy Dimensions Model
+ Tools and strategies for monitoring your development
In order to enter a formal agreement for videoconferencing/distance Supervision, individuals must meet the educational and experiential requirements listed below.
- Applicants must have a graduate degree in a mental health field (or be currently enrolled in a graduate mental health program).
- Applicants must have completed an intensive Introductory Play Therapy course or equivalent, either at an accredited university or through workshops that have been approved by CACPT or APT. The intensive Introductory Play Therapy course (or equivalent) should include, at a minimum, the following areas:
- An introduction to the history of play therapy
- Theoretical perspectives and models of play therapy
- The structure and process of play therapy
- Ethical issues in child & play therapy
- Core skills and techniques utilized in play therapy, including therapeutic limit setting, tracking & reflection skills, and therapeutic inquiry skills
Complete the application form and e-mail this to RMPTI to indicate your interest. Enrollment is limited: eligible participants will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Once accepted, you will be provided with an information sheet indicating the co-hort schedule and dates. You will be expected to complete a detailed Supervision Agreement form. This is a fillable form. Once downloaded please save to your computer using your last name, fill in and save, then email as an attachment to RMPTI with the subject line "supervision agreement".
$650.00 (Canadian – plus GST) for a 10-hour block of 5 videoconferences (each session is 2 hours in length - 10 hours total of approved supervision). The program fee must be paid in full in advance: payment is made through PAYPAL (a link for payment will be provided once your application has been reviewed and approved).
No refunds for missed sessions. A refund, less 10% administration fee, is provided for written notice of cancellation 30 days prior to commencement of the first session in the series. RMPTI reserves the right to cancel a session at any time due to unforseen circumstances. In such an event, an attempt will be made to notify registrants via e-mail as well as by posting a cancellation notice on the RMPTI website, one week prior to the scheduled session. A make-up session shall be scheduled. In all instances, RMPTI's liability is limited to a refund of registration fee only.
Individualized face-to-face, telephone, and e-mail supervision is available on-request.
Please complete the Application Form to request individual supervision and to organize a schedule specific to your needs. Once organized, you will be required to submit the Supervision Agreement (click here to preview the Agreement).
LIMITATIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Due to you signing a distance contract for supervision, you and/or your site supervisor maintain full responsibility for all clinical decisions and actions.