The Rocky Mountain Play Therapy Institute is dedicated to offering relevant and experiential learning opportunities, and strives to integrate theory and practice. The Institute is a training center affiliated with Rocky Mountain Psychological Services, which is a child-centered, family focused treatment center. Aligned in their philosophy, both centers believe that children’s needs are best met by using specialized child therapy approaches versus adult models of therapy. The institute believes in the inner wisdom of the child and therefore views the therapist as a guide or companion rather than the “problem solver”.
• Practitioners who would like to attend continuous training leading to certification or registration as a Play Therapist.
• Full-time practitioners who are seeking a specialized credential
• Practitioners who need a flexible training schedule
• Those who need the training to come to them
• Those who want to market a specialization in their practice
• Diploma and masters-level students/graduates
• Practioners who want to complete continuing education credits
Programs are designed for practitioners who work full-time and are interested in enhancing their theory base and deepening their play therapy skills and techniques. Depending on the level of certification sought, students will have completed or are currently attending a post-secondary institution or graduate-level university program. Relevant disciplines typically include Psychology, Nursing, Clinical Social Work, Child and Youth Care or Education.